Our Goal: Meet specific needs in key areas of development
Our pre-school program is designed to develop the whole child as an individual. Within a child –oriented environment, children are encouraged to explore their surroundings, make decisions and become independent, competent individuals.
Our program promotes a positive attitude toward self and school as well as a desire to learn and achieve. We encourage each child to reach his/her maximum potential in social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development.
Our pre-school academic program introduces alphabet recognition, pre math, art, and science, with a strong emphasis on reading readiness.
Our Preschool Curriculum is divided into weekly, theme-based units. We introduce Words of the Week to strengthen and increase vocabularies and communication. Small Group math and literacy activities, as well as individual skills practice, complement each students developmental growth and provide a variety of opportunities to explore personal interests.
Developing Growing Minds
As children enter preschool, our curriculum accommodates a more planned structure, preparing preschoolers for the academic schedules they’ll soon find in elementary school.
Our Preschool Curriculum includes:
- Child-directed learning which allows preschoolers to actively initiate learning
- Pre Math activities that encourage critical thinking and cognitive development
- Science investigations that provide hands on experiences
- Literacy and writing activities which are age-appropriate and provide reading readiness skills
- Small group activities that are planned for cooperative learning opportunities
- Decision-making skills to support growing minds
- Emotional and social development with peers and teachers
- Daily creative activities to inspire imaginative and creative art and musical play
- Planned outdoor activities that promote physical fitness and development
- Daily Reports that inform parents of children’s daily accomplishments