Pre-Kindergarten Learning Driven by Student Development and Creativity
Our Program Includes Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4
Lesson Structure: Focus, Develop, Practice, and Reflect
Our Pre-Kindergarten Program is the next stop on your child’s way toward elementary learning. Here, learning is driven by student development and creativity. Every child has gifts and talents. Children by nature are curious and eager to learn. Our Pre Kindergarten program provides the development of these talents through guidance and interactive activities.
A day in our Pre-K program is filled with interactive activities, literature, math, science, and theme-based units. Our program’s goal is to help each child succeed to their fullest potential.
Our activities include hands-on small group instruction and independent activities that foster realistic application. The learning stations and curriculum were designed to build children’s comprehension and critical thinking capabilities. Through independent and cooperative learning opportunities, our pre-k-aged kids are able to establish logical thinking patterns, imagination, and creativity in their educational experiences.
The Learning Stages Pre-Kindergarten program meets your child’s needs in these key areas of development:
- Social Bridge – this includes interactive play, sharing, caring, and following through on commitments
- Literacy Development – this includes engaging read-aloud, vocabulary development, formal introduction to the alphabet, phonological awareness, writing, and fine motor skills.
- Foundational Math – this includes attributes, classification, patterns, one-to-one correspondence, order, numeration, logical reasoning, and problem-solving.
Pre-Kindergarten Daily Schedule
Our Pre-Kindergarten daily schedule includes class group activities and individual activities that promote independence. Our Circle Time is an essential group learning session where students are introduced to a variety of subjects. Our individual and group activities help students apply what they have learned and focus on building individual comprehension.
Our Pre Kindergarten Curriculum includes:
- Child-directed learning allows preschoolers to actively initiate learning
- Math activities that encourage critical thinking, problem-solving skills, and cognitive development
- Science investigations that provide hands-on experiences
- Literacy activities that are age-appropriate and provide reading readiness skills
- Writing journals provide self-expression opportunities and encourage beginning letter formation
- Small group activities that are planned for cooperative learning opportunities
- Emotional and social development with peers and teachers
- Daily creative activities to inspire imaginative creative art and musical play
- Planned outdoor activities that promote physical fitness and gross motor development
- Daily Reports that inform parents of children’s daily accomplishments
- Decision-making skills to support growing minds
- Parent Letters that provide activities to do at home that reinforce what they learn at school.
The connection between home and school benefits the child greatly. This connection helps build better academic success and social skills. Reinforcing what they learn at school at home is the best way to see your child succeed. We use the Seesaw app to make that home and school connection easier. Through this app we send pictures, notes,dailies and parent letters.The parent letters are activities to do at home to reinforce what is worked on at school.